Re: Car lists

To: yd3@nvc.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car lists
From: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 00:50:21 EDT
It was written:

"I don't want to start another flame war, but why are we listing
all of the vehicles we have in our stable?  Is it some sort on
notches on the six shooter thing, or I got more marbles than you?"

As for me, it is none of the above. I'd like to think MG owners in general
aren't particularly snobby or cavalier as to list the rest of the cars in
their stable to brag or show off. I do not regularly list all of my cars, but
I do on occasion, but I can't explain why I do one time, or why I do not
another time.

Since the MG is such an interesting car that attracts well, interesting
people, I am always interested in learning what other cars the listers own,
or have owned. We've had many threads that I think we've all enjoyed talking
the various chariots we've owned through the years.

What brings us together here is the love of the MG, but I think it is naive
to not think that other cars in our pasts or present build upon the reasons
WHY we are drawn to the marque.

But, that is only my opinion. The writer (who did not identify him/herself)
raises a point that may be worthy of consideration. Should this list exist
solely for the discussion of MG's and nothing else, meaning, discussion of
our other cars is superfluous, unncecessary and distracting from the purpose
of this list? As for me, I hope not. With this list, I get a stronger sense
of friendliness and community that I have never found on any other car list.
To me, what the writer is complaining about appears to me to be no more than
car talk, which is what car enthusiasts do.
Tom
1978 MG Midget
1989 Range Rover
1995 Audi 90