RE: Still looking for early B roadster

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Still looking for early B roadster
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:32:37 -0600
At 02:06 AM 5/25/2000 -0700, Garner, Joseph P. wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>You could also try
>
>http://www.traderonline.com/coll/search/index.shtml
>
>This site is fantatsic. it allows you to narrow search by zip code, state,
>or phone area codes. it also has loads more cars (200 MGBs, 22 of which are
>pre 1967, as of today - i just checked) than any of the other sites i looked
>at (yes even than ebay). In fact, i think fully half the cars i went to
>visit i found out about via here. Two were good deals, one was fantatsic,
>and that's what i ended up buying. There are literally new cars each day, so
>don't give up.
>
>happy hunting
>
>cheers
>
>Joe

This is a great site. I check this site periodically and have had it book
marked. However, it only reminds me of how I live in a LBC-starved region.
For example, just this morning, I put in a search criteria of  "MG".
1962-1967, chose the rocky mountain region => "no matches". So as usual, I
just change to nationwide for region and today I got 46 matches.

So if I want to add a MGB to the fleet, I'll probably have to go some 1000
miles to Washington, Oregon, or some other place. British cars are fairly
rare in these parts. Convertibles, even more so, since the top off season
only lasts three to four months.

On the bright side, I make it a point that my BGTs get seen around town.
And I make sure when I am at work, my 67 BGT is parked so it is visible to
traffic on one of the main streets going into the downtown area. It draws
some attention - oddly enough, it seems to be quite the draw to some of the
teenage crowd, more so than to the older generations.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT