Re: Greasing steering rack

To: <SMTP:JBAKER1@HOME.NET>
Subject: Re: Greasing steering rack
From: "Gordie Bird" <mg_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:33:32 -0400
Jack, I agree with John not to use grease.  My DPO filled mine with grease.
Made the steering harder than should be.  IMO if you put sufficient grease
in to reach all areas within the rack it will affect the steering effort.
Of course if you don't put enough grease in...
The 90w oil is thin enough to reach all areas needing lubrication.
I do have a grease fitting on my A (none on B) and fashioned a pump from a
hand oil can.  Worked great.
I think if you check the archives you'll find more.
HTH

Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB