Re: '78 1500 Running Rough

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '78 1500 Running Rough
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:29:40 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 12:00:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tomsaudi@aol.com writes:

<< On my way home, I get to a
 stop sign, get underway, and the engine just did not sound right. It didn't
 feel like she was about to stall out, it just seemed rough. Engine temp was
 not hot. I was able to get home ok, but I have not taken it out since.

 I don't get it. I just had a tune up and oil change done, and new belts put
 on the engine. What could be happening? Any suggestions? >>

My guess would be a small piece of dirt in the carb, or a fouled plug.  Pull
the plugs, but if you just tuned it up, that's a shot in the dark.  If one is
fouled, you may be running too rich.  It's just very easy to pull the plugs.

If you haven't changed the fuel filter, or if you don't have one, do it now.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport