Re: wierdest starting problem solved, and carb hearsay

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wierdest starting problem solved, and carb hearsay
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:36:08 -0700
Joe,

Sounds like a good decision to me.  My 72 doesn't have to go through
emissions testing anymore.  Last time in 92, but the 74's or 75's on will
always have to pass the tests every other year in the Portland, Oregon area.
On the newer cars they don't open the hood, but run the test on a
dynamometer (sp?) in a rolling road type test.  Wish we could tune our cars
on their dyno.  For the privilege of being tested we get to pay $21 plus
whatever the renewal fee is for the plates you are running, additional $40
for 2 year renewal unless you want their latest and greatest new plates.  I
vividly remember giving my B a thorough tune every other year before the
tests and sometimes it took several tries to pass.  Now my car is desmogged
and runs better than ever.  Sorry you can't do the same.

P.S.  Who's Nina?  I only get dogs and stray teenagers looking for a place
to crash following me home.

Dave 72 B a bit North or you.