Today's funny story from the shop!

To: "E type list" <e-type@jag-lovers.org>
Subject: Today's funny story from the shop!
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:12:58 -0700
Hi Guys,
Here is story...
UPS turn up and leave a transmission to be worked on, so far so good. The
gearbox is packed in a cardboard box that seems swollen, sort of inflated!
After I removed the plain brown wrapper I found out why. I had previously
told the owner of this gearbox that we had a unit damaged in transit and he
should pack in carefully. (my first mistake!)
His solution was to place the gearbox in a box and then fill the box with
that expanding construction foam. Now, the gearbox was not damaged at all by
the shippers! but I had to carve it out of the box, which took 4 whole
hours. That stuff goes hard and it sticks fast to everything it touches.
Great idea, but what a job I had to get that crap off.
So if ever you want some gearbox work done, and you have this idea about
construction foam....please send it elsewhere! <grin>
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com