Re: Car stacker

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car stacker
From: Steve Walker <swalker@gte.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:40:52 -0400
At 10:58 PM 5/31/00 -0400, Geoff wrote:
>One thing that concerns me is that this unit doesnt bolt to the floor.
>Sturdy it may be but I would still think it might slide or shift a bit. If
>I were installing one of these units I think I would bolt each leg to the
>floor just for safetys sake...
>
>Geoff

I have the Autolift - cheaper than building a third garage for my '78B! It
took four people to carry the ramps in, all the rest was assembled with one
or two people. It came with a video showing the free-standing unit, with a
car up on it, being rammed by a forklift truck directly onto one leg. It
shook, but that's all. I love the casters, and the ability to pull the unit
out from the side wall. With a slight mod to the garage opening, I will be
able to roll the whole thing outside!

Now my 'B' lives over my wife's Ford Escort, and drips occasional oil onto
it - hehehe - take that, Ford! With 9'8" to the rafters, I have 2" above
the 'B', 2" clearance for the Escort.

Steve Walker

 --
Steve Walker              swalker@gte.com   PAGE 1 800 376 2716
Senior Staff Engineer     Phone +1(781)466-2649   FAX ext 2387