Re: Contrary headlights

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Contrary headlights
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:29:25 -0700
Michael,

The headlights share common wires through junction boxes.  I would trace the
wires from the headlights to where they join and see if the bad connection
is there.  First I would take a voltmeter or 12 volt light and check to see
which of the three sockets where the headlight plugs in is hot and which
isn't on both headlights.  Do it for both hi and low beam.  This should tell
you which wires to check on and probably which side of the junction to check
on.  If one side is hot and the other isn't, then there is probably a bad
connection there.  Since at least one light works in hi and low, I doubt
there is anything wrong with your light switch.  I don't have a wiring
diagram for your year but I doubt they changed anything so the wires are
probably blue and white, blue and red, and Black.

Good luck,

Dave 72 B