Re: Minilites

To: djc@appsig.com
Subject: Re: Minilites
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:21:41 EDT
In a message dated 01/06/00 1:16:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, djc@appsig.com
writes:

> Ohhh, But that windshield!!!  I think that cut down windshield looks sooo
> cool!
>  Can that be done to a "B" windshield??  If so, does anyone know of a place
> that
>  can do this?

Daryl and I use cut down stock windshields, a replica of the factory racing
part, but it would take more than getting out the hacksaw to make an MGB look
as good as an MGA! ;-)

I used to drive them crazy in local racing - the rules required a windshield,
but omitted to specify a required height. I got repeated flack when I showed
up with a 1/2" of plexiglass, a foot wide, in a small lower alloy frame,
attached to the scuttle in front of the driver, but they couldn't do anything
about it.

Those damned June bugs sure pack a wallop straight into a helmet visor,
though!

Bill