Re: hdr

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hdr
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 02:38:26 +0610
Bullwinkle wrote:

> What is hdr@excitecorp.com  and how did I get on the mailing
> list!

Sounds like you got some SPAM to me.

If it bugs you so much (more than just hitting the DELETE key satisfies)
then just register with http://spamcop.net and dob them in.  You can
frequently get nice mail from their mail-host or provider saying they
have been nuked.  Generally won't stop them opening up another account
at the same place or another place almost immediately but it can give
you a warm feeling.

Out of some 140 or more items of mail that I get daily (more if this
list is busy :-) I would say fifteen will be SPAM.

Unless you are new to the Internet then you would be used to this by
now.

How did they get your name... well this is even further outside the
scope of this list than this extensive mail written during the boring
early hours of the morning here in Oz, but just do a search on anti-spam
sites and you will find out how they got it.  Lots of info available out
there.

Happy SPAMCOPing,

Eric
'68MGB MkII