restoration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: restoration
From: Mike Nelson <mrn_sgn@altavista.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2000 12:03:17 -0700
My son (13) and I are planning to undertake the restoration of my first car, a
1952 MGTD.  It's been sitting in one garage or another since my college days
(1965), and hasn't run since then.  It's in pretty dismal shape having been
idle for so long (though the tires, or should I say tyres, still hold air).  At
one point it was inadvertently stored where a roof leaked, and since the engine
head was off, the cylinders filled with water.  I despair of saving the engine
and so one of the first things we'll be looking for is a rebuilt engine.  The
body is very solid but we plan to disassemble the car to the extent possible
and then slowly put it back together.  I'd really be interested in any website
which may have tips for the novice renovator.  I've had considerable experience
working on automobiles (professionally for 15 years), and have restored (to my
satisfaction) my 1966 Chevelle convertible.  But the MG has long been in my
thoughts, and now is the time.  Any advice anyone may wish to offer will be
carefully considered (even before it is cavalierly discarded as the case may
be).  If I can be of assistance to anyone, I'm willing to give it my best shot.
 My son John will be looking over my shoulder for the time being.

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go