Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam

To: mgamgb@ihug.co.nz, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:52:14 EDT
In a message dated 07/06/00 12:04:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mgamgb@ihug.co.nz writes:

> The Austin Champ, developed for the British Army as a contender 4 wheel
>  drive vehicle was fitted with a Rolls Royce engine, perol engine, sealed
>  ignition, 5 speed box, (no low ratio) water tight every thing, and could be
>  driven in about 2m of water with driver standing up, and air inlet snorkel
>  raised.

Right you are - I was thinking it was a Gypsy. When you say Rolls Royce
engine, it was really the same situation as the Vanden Plas - the engine was
built only for other users, and never installed in any Rolls car.

What the heck did the Ferrets use? Think it was an F head Rolls as well - 6
cylinder. along with the Saracen etc.

Bill S.