Re: Prince of darkness winking

To: <RobMGB@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prince of darkness winking
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:31:55 +0100
Warning light glowing brighter as the electrical load increases is
frequently an indicator of one or more alternator diodes packed up.
Depending on which diodes, and whether they are open or short, also affects
things like output, noise and heat.  I would be surprised if it was just a
slack belt - the alt would have to spinning slower at higher rpms than at
idle to give the symptom.  Worn, dirty or sticking slip-ring and brushes
could well be a cause.

PaulH.