Re: More Twincam Figures

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Twincam Figures
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:23:22 -0600
Now you're in my other territory Bill!!

While I have only driven my 150S for several miles over the last 15
years due to the multitude of missing parts, I did hit an indicated 125
mph in overdrive without much trouble using the proper, but tired, VS
3.4 triple-carb engine. My feeling, owning and having driven both in
stock form, is that the Twin-Cam will easily out-handle the larger 150S,
but that the 150S will hit 130 mph without too much problem, given a
lack of law enforcers, while I believe that the magazine road testers
maxed it out at 136 mph.

On the other hand, my Taurus SHO will blast past both of them in
acceleration and in top end (somewhere around 140-143 mph). But, it has
4 doors, a CD player, and it's not a ragtop so it doesn't really
count!!!

Dave (I like DOHCs) Q.
Twin-Cam and 150S OTS (both apart for now)
Taurus SHO (driven!!)