Painting block; was: Oil filter

To: Dereck C <derex39@hotmail.com>
Subject: Painting block; was: Oil filter
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 09:59:25 -0500
  I painted my block/head assy while it was on the engine stand.  After
dithering about the color, that is.

  Black wouldn't look good in the black engine bay and would make
tracing leaks tuff. Silver would make leaks easy to find and would match
the aluminum parts/accessories. But my valve cover still has a good coat
of the original dark red it.  But I can't find the dark red locally and
don't want to wait 5 days for a can of paint from Moss, et al (really
good planning, see).  So I drive down south of San Antonio to MG Cosas
after another part and he has the Moss dark red paint in stock for $10.

  So after meticulous planning and due consideration of the esthetics,
the engine is the stock dark red. (G)  Er, except for the alloy water
pump and oip filter adapter, etc, whick are unpainted.

  Yessir guys an' gals, it pays to plan ahead....

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B that's in the garage 'cause it's been raining for 3 days.