Re: "Project Drift" - Shipwright's disease

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Project Drift" - Shipwright's disease
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:04:05 -0700
After reading the Jag page disease list from David Littlefield's mail, I
feel that I am becoming a Hypochodriac.  Especially the Shipwright's
disease.  I just wanted to put a Pertronix ignition in, discovered ripped
steering boots when getting ready to time the new set up.  Two weeks later,
new boots, got back to timing to discover my harmonic balance (pulley) has
rotated about halfway around the TDC point.  Needed to set values anyway, so
might as well find and mark TDC on the top instead of the bottom.  Easier to
see that way.  Need new timing light, took wife to store and mentioned
father's day.  Cleaned valve cover while off to set valves and put in new
gasket.  Change oil and managed to spill all over my clean valve cover.
That's why I got that spay can of gunk anyway.  Didn't short anything out.
Now back to resetting the toe-in.  Is there and end in sight?  I hope not,
'cause I'm having a ball.

Dave 72 B