Dual SU's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual SU's
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:29:39 -0700
I really want to lose the damn ZS carb on my '75 B.  I have a Weber
downdraft on my '78, and I am not really happy with it, but I don't think it
is entirely the fault of the Weber (rather, the poor car had a nasty DPO).

I talked to ICS here in Pullman (woo! go cougs!), and they recommend the
SU's without question (and Dave owns a 72 and use to race, so I tend to
believe him :)  That coupled with the list thread a couple weeks back pretty
much made up my mind.

In my search for a set of carbs, I called Aurora Auto Wrecking of Seattle
(that place is a very sad site.... all those LBC's that could have been
restored :), where they told me they would sell a rebuilt set of carbs (I
don't know if they are HS4 or HIF), intake, linkage, and exhaust for my '75
for ~$450 + tax.  Is this a good price?

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.