Re: Lubricants, was Fluid for Lever Shocks

To: eugeneb@nni.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lubricants, was Fluid for Lever Shocks
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:00:06 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/00 1:41:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eugeneb@nni.com
writes:

<< Does it really matter
 which one I use ?  Should I continue the search for
 straight 90w ?  Also, some of these are formulated for
 limited-slip differentials.  I presume that I should stay
 away from those, and I am not even going to ask about the
 synthetic oils  ; - )  Any comments on StaLube vs. Castrol ? >>

In my '77 Midget I used Valvoline high perf. synthetic gear oil.  I
wrote to Valvoline first, and that is what they recommended.
I wanted to go to all synthetic lubricants in the car.  The fun part
is that I have no comments on how well it works.  Who can tell?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport