Re: zero sum game ??? noises

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: zero sum game ??? noises
From: "Anne and Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:49:19 +0930
This reply probably has nothing to do with the original problem however...

Years ago, a mate had a Morris Minor that developed some really weird
noises. We checked universals, wheels, hubs, bearings - basically, if it
could make a noise, we had a darned good look at it. In the end, my mate got
me to drive the car as slowly as I could while he walked with me listening.
It turned out to be the steel wheels. The bolt holes had worn with time and,
despite the fact that they'd been done up tight (by the local gorilla using
a forty foot extension handle on the spanner), they could still move on the
bolts, making the weird noises we were hearing.

Cheers
Richard
        Anne and Richard Spurling
          hobbes@senet.com.au