RE: MGB and stereos

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Subject: RE: MGB and stereos
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 17:25:07 -0400
I have 6x9's in the back wall of the Midget. They are kinda close
together but they work. I can hear the stereo (a 25 watt per channel
Pioneer SuperTuner KEH1080) at speed, top down with the tonneau in place
ove the passenger side. My experience suggest that you can hear it with
the top down and the tonneau on. That leaves the top hanging over the
speakers and muffles the treble a bit, but the boom of the engine more
than makes up for it. ;-) Of course this part does not apply to cars that
have a removable top. I want to put some speakers up front, but in a
Midget I am unsure of exactly where. I once saw some little bitty
tweeters that were supposed to mount on the A pillar of an American car
and thought that might work for in front of the windscreen but never went
any further than the dreaming stage.

Larry

BTW Speakers are 100 watt Jensens. Might just have to go for an amp one
o' dese days.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.