Re: welding aluminum

To: "MalcolmJeffcock" <jeffcock@istar.ca>
Subject: Re: welding aluminum
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:22:54 -0700
I don't know about this product/process, however, Eutectic makes aluminum
welding/brazing rod & flux materials that can be applied with oxy-acetylene
torches. It works really well. We used it to weld up an Aluminum header tank
on a race car, the results were good looking as well as plenty strong. Your
local welding supply shop should know about Eutectic, they are a well
respected firm making all kinds of speciality welding products. They have
many other products as well that can solve all kinds of metal joining
problems, dissimiliar metals, odd conditions, etc.

> Listers:
> I stopped in at a small car show yesterday and there was a booth set up
> with a guy demonstrating "welding" aluminum with a propane torch and rods
that
> were like brazing rods but white. The method was developed by yet another
"US
> Army Engineer" but to be honest while I approached thinking it was a scam
I was