MGB Trunk Latch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Trunk Latch
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:37:44 -0400
Took off the lock and had it rekeyed, put it back on and pushed the
latch a few times before I shut the lid.  Now it travels to far down
and goes past the latch and locks down.  If I had shut the  trunk lid
it would have taken the universal keys (pry bar or drill) to reopen
it.  Does anybody know why this is happening?  I put everything back
as it was, the only addition was a new gasket around the handle.  If
anything this gasket should have raised the handle mech.
THANKS!
MIKE R
PS the glove box locks just fine know, but kind of hard to get all our
luggage in there.