Re: 325HP 'B' Series Motor in MGB Racer

To: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>, "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 325HP 'B' Series Motor in MGB Racer
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:06:12 -0400
> Am I missing something, or was the April 1 date missing from this?  It's
> apparent that the aerodynamics that were developed on this B were quite
> advanced for the time - especially as compared to a Lola.
>
> Norm Sippel
> '66 MGB, aka "The Box" on wheels

I don't think so, nor the 8 othertimes I got this message...

Like I mentioned to Max, off the list, Energy Dynamics Inc. cites extensive
ground effects R&D on their resume (see: about section).  Also note the
strange baffle in front of the rear wheel in the photograph of the 325HP
MGB.  And as far as roadholding abilities go, that 185mph figure was quoted
on the banks of the racetrack (hopefully my physics don't fail me) that the
forces holding the car to the track in cambered bends are pretty great.

What makes it more believable is that the driver, Walt Mays aka Waldo The
Great, drove things like McLaren CanAm cars prior to taking up the driver's
spot in the MGB.  (I've been doing some research this evening!)

Does the SCCA keep tech records of cars?  Or at least anyone know if the
race rankings could be had through the SCCA for that time period and region?

The next email is to the company, Energy Dynamics, to see if they can supply
more information!

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net