Re: Overdrive woes

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive woes
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:13:26 +0100
The chat about the oil is rather by-the-way for the original poster, and the
switch closes in 3rd and 4th rather than opening in 1st and 2nd.  I suppose
it could be taken to be like the old glass half full/half empty thing, but
in that case you would need to include 'reverse' with '1st-2nd',
particularly since disabling the o/d in reverse it the most important
function of the gearbox switch.

If you can make the o/d cut in and out by pulling the gear lever around a
bit while in 3rd or 4th it is almost certainly the gearbox switch.  Do you
have the gear-lever mounted manual switch?  If so be aware that the wiring
to these can give trouble because of the continual waggling about.

PaulH.