Re: Tackling the Prince

To: Rick Huber <rickhuber1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tackling the Prince
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:48:49 -0500
If you haven't already been advised:

Get a test light, the kind that has a sharp probe on one end and a clip lead on
the other. Invaluable at determining intermittents, your multimeter, especially
if it's digital may integrate an intermittent out and you may not see it. The
sharp probe is useful in piercing the insulation to reach the wire (non useful
in piercing your skin and upholstery, however).

Acquire the appropriate wiring diagram (Haynes repair book has them, but my '70
appears to be a cross between the 69 and 70/71diagrams, so take them with a
grain of salt) and blow it up on a copier. Much easier on the eyes and you can
make notes. The web page eludes me, but someone here has a nifty color coded
set of web pages that breaks each subsystem down. Check the archives...

Good luck and go forth into battle...

Jeff
'70B