Collectable 'B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Collectable 'B
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:13:33 +0000
I know we have discussed this topic in the past but I am not sure if
this exact article has been posted.  Found this while searching for tips
and hints on installing my new FRONT SPOILER (yes).

===============
Full article to be found at:
http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/022600/whe_collecting.shtml

Web posted Saturday, February 26, 2000 By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
(edited severely by ME to keep MG owners' interest)

Some prefer stuffing their garages with Beanie Babies or Pokemon cards.
Others would much rather have a Duesenberg - or two.

Dean Kruse, chairman of Kruse International, the Auburn, Ind.-based
auction house that specializes in collector machines, said while those
who hoarded the children's playthings got a lot of attention last year,
those who rolled four-wheeled grownup toys into the garage last year did
so quietly - but frequently.

<snip>

The auctioneer keeps tabs on what's hot and what's not in the
collectible market and each January comes up with a compilation of hot
collectibles called the Dean's List, the vehicles he expects to
appreciate the most in the new year.

With that in mind, here's the 2000 Dean's List along with Kruse's
comments on why he sees these models accelerating in value:

<snip>

1980 MGB convertible. These cars are loved by many. The 1980 was the
last to enter the U.S. Considered a limited edition, they were all
finished in black with gun-metal gray stripes along the body side
bottoms. There's a front spoiler below the polyurethane nose. They can
be bought for $6,000 to $12,000 depending on condition and should
increase in value by 15 percent in 2000.

Eric
'68MGB MkII