Re: Doing the Front Spoiler thing

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Doing the Front Spoiler thing
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:42:31 -0700
While it may slightly increase your frontal area, I would think that the
reduction in drag (by preventing much of the turbulent airflow beneath
the car) would more than make up for it. That seems to be the logic
behind modern production car aerodynamics. On the other hand, I would
doubt that you'd see much actual downforce until over 50-60 mph.

Hard to predict the effect on engine cooling. Ought to help, by reducing
air pressure under the car and therefore in the engine compartment, and
pulling more air through the radiator. It does seem as if you might want
ducts to the front brakes. You might also consider cold air ducting to
the carburetors -- you don't want them struggling with low pressure,
pre-heated radiator leftovers.

No actual experience talking, here, just "bench-racing" small talk...

Eric had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149