Re: Pictures from MG Day

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Pictures from MG Day
From: Kristian Chronister <kris.chronister@fuelna.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:50:23 -0400
I find somewhere in the middle to be a happy medium. I keep my engine
compartment relatively clean
(http://home.earthlink.net/~kchronister/car.html about half way down). I
just keep a can of "Foamy Engine Brite" around and lather her down once or
twice a year...

BUT, this is by no means "car show" clean, nor do I care if it is. You won't
find me polishing things inside the engine compartment to make them shinier,
and there are a couple places that are downright "workaday." Not to mention
that my external oil pipe is (GASP!) painted the WRONG shade of red. Just
blew the blue ribbon there, I suppose...

So rather than pure aesthetics, it's more a matter of two factors:

1) I have found the engine does run slightly cooler when well-cleaned.
2) I don't mind getting all crappy and messy while working on a car, but at
the same time, it's nice to be able to adjust the carbs without getting to
be a grease-pit...

So it ain't quite as simple as "show-queen" or "dirty tramp..."