Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp

To: Phil Farmer <swimmer@seark.net>,
Subject: Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:57:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- Phil Farmer <swimmer@seark.net> wrote:

> Also , while looking a found an L shaped bracket on
> the left side of the
> engine on the last hole on the side of the mounting
> holes of the oil pan.
> The bolt went through the bracket through a hole in
> the block then thru oil
> pan hole.  There was no nut , just loose.  I think
> the brack is probably
> original, same color as engine.  It has a hole in
> each leg of the L.
> Approximately 1 1/4" flat stock, each leg is about
> 2"  Any ideas on
> purpose??

Phil, has your B had the pollution controls removed?
Might be a left-over bracket from that stuff. My motor
has all kinds of plugs and wires to nowhere, the
result of the PO removing the pollution stuff....

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green
Looking for a 67-70 MGB Tourer Project Car!

http://mail.yahoo.com/