Re: courtesy lamp how should it work?

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: courtesy lamp how should it work?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 02:58:43 -0400
Enrique Claure wrote:
> 1. How should the courtesy lamp work?When you open doors lamp lights but
> should the lamp be set to on position?

  On my car at least, the lamp switch should be off. The lamp
will light when the doors are opened. The switch is only for
when you want the light on all the time.

> 2. Even though my hand break switch works the BREAK light does not go of
> when I push the switch?

  That light does two things, it lights when the handbrake is
on, and it lights when the PDWA shuttle has been shifted. This
is SUPPOSED to happen only when the brake system has failed,
but might be seized or simply needs to be reset.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca