Start but no run, parts II and III

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Start but no run, parts II and III
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:43:57 -0500
Hello again Listers,

Part II of the "no start" saga

I checked the ballast resistor (per Haynes manual suggestion) and got
about 5V at both ends of the resistor. Does this sound right?

Part III

I was fooling around in the boot earlier and removed the metal fuel pump
cover and apparently I didn't reconnect the capacitor/ground wire (that
is what it is, right?). Did I screw something up when I attempted to
start the car with the capacitor/ground wire disconnected? I reconnected
the capacitor/ground wire and got the same "no start" results.

Edwin
'77 B

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

Check out The MG Filling Station at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mowogmg