Re: Vibration underneath

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vibration underneath
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:00:44 -0700
A vibration in the 60-65mph area (probably depending on speedo
calibration) seems to be pretty standard, though the intensity varies
from just noticeable to intolerable. It may not be related to the 2000rpm
vibration, or perhaps they combine (at some higher rpm) to make the
speed-related vibration worse. Can you feel the 2K vibration in every
gear? That would seem to be engine-related. Otherwise the 60+ mph
vibration has always seemed to me to be a road speed/wheelbase-resonance
kind of thing, in that an out-of -true wheel or broken spoke will make it
worse, but it occurs at the same speed. Your experience may vary...

Carl French had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149