Fouling plugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fouling plugs
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 06:42:02 -0400
Got some really good responses yesterday, thanks for the interest,
gotta love this list. Last year I had bad rings and got used to what wet
plugs and tailpipe smoke looked like. The plugs now are just soot
covered. I got a great reply that discussed more options with the carbs
so I will explore that more for now.

I started a thread on vibration also and got some good thoughts there. I
had found out after the fact that the machine shop that did my work for
me 'does not do balancing' so maybe there is something to that. The
clutch and pistons are new and the crank was ground .010 despite that
problem, they have a lot of experiance on brit motors and have a good
reputation. But I am not going to pull the motor to check that out as it
is not that much of a deal and I have to check out some other ideas that
people sent, {check in other gears etc, yes, I should have done that
first). I just wanted to thank people for all the help yesterday and yes
Ed, I will consider a compression check.
Carl