Re: Clutch worries

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch worries
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:24:01 -0700
Derek,

That boot is not what I would call the clutch slave cylinder boot.   That
boot is the smaller one on the end of the slave cylinder.   The boot you are
referring to is the clutch linkage boot (if it has a name) and the oil that
you see is probably coming from a leaking rear seal on your crankshaft.  I
don't believe any of this has anything to do with your transmission
problems.  I suspect that is something worn in the gearbox itself.  Probably
the synchronizer is worn and letting third gear pop out when you let off the
gas.

Dave 72 B