RE: Insurance

To: <Gonaj@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance
From: "J R Overcash" <jroverca@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:00:24 -0400
Mass has been a "no fault" state for as long as I can remember.  Not sure
when the change took place but I know it was before I got my license (1972).
The theory was it would make for more responsible drivers (thus lower rates)
because your insurance pays.  But just as with HMO's were supposed to
increase access and decrease cost of Medical care, it is the Insurance
industry that wins not the consumer.

Surprisingly a couple of years ago the State Insurance Commission abolished
fees for monthly payments and instituted some discounts for certain types of
safety equipment, multiple vehicle's and anti theft devices.  Unfortunately
the Insurance companies have been slowly convincing the Commission to reduce
some of these discounts too.

I can only hope that some day 'no fault" will go away.

Safety Fast!

Ross Overcash
Ayer, MA USA
NAMGBR 2-1172