RE: Initial mixture adjustment

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Initial mixture adjustment
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:05:26 -0400
> Seriously, with a stock exhaust and a relatively stock
> engine, isn't 15
> flats likely to be a little rich?

 I would think so, I start with 8 flats on my A (H4) and go from there.  I
have been advised to pull the dashpots and pistons when 'starting over' to
ensure that the jet is all the way up.  Also allows you to verify the
correct position of the needle, ie; the shoulder of the needle even with the
bottom of the piston.  I'm sure someone has already mentioned to make sure
to have the correct needle too.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA