Re: Why do Valves like Marvel Mystery Oil so much?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Why do Valves like Marvel Mystery Oil so much?
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:15:15 -0700
CR is right on here, never use anything but bronze guides in these
heads, or any head as far as I am concerned.  Try to get some $$$ back
from this shop and find someone who can do this right.

Regarding MMO, is is just a thin oil, a solvent really, with a little
wintergreen oil in it.  I don't know if that is for the fragrance or it
actually does something! It has obviously been around for years, and the
private aircraft pilots are big believers, since it keeps their engines
clean as clean as the proverbial whistle.

I've used it to free up sticky lifters.  I have also added it to the oil
during new engine break in.  No problems yet.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia