Re: removing distributor - how?

To: "simon hurley" <simonsensis@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing distributor - how?
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:03:51 +0100
The should be a clamp around the base of the distributor that is held to the
block with two bolts.  Remove these two bolts to remove the distributor and
clamp plate as a single unit, slacken the clamp bolt to separate the two if
you wish.  There is usually a O-ring around the distributor shaft and this
can mean the distributor needs a a bit of a pull to get it out, but it
should rotate easily enough.  If it doesn't rotate with the clamp plate
bolts removed then it looks like it is siezed and will need appropriate
unguents, imprecations, incantations and BFHs to shift it.

PaulH.