Re: Problem with starter motor?

To: "1979MGB" <1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with starter motor?
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:16:11 +0100
Hi Denny - at this stage I would check the battery voltage at about 1500 rpm
with some load on like headlights, heater motor etc, you should see around
14v with a 10 amp load.  If it is less than that you could have regulator,
slip ring or brush problems.  Other than that I would just keep a closer eye
than usual on the light for a while.

Cheers,
PaulH.