Running hot + solution

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running hot + solution
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:42:26 -0400
The temperature gauge on my 77B has been running very close to the red when
cruising at highway speeds (65-ish) on moderate to warm days (80-ish).  My first
attack was to replace the thermostat with a 180 degree one.  No effect.  Began
to feel certain that it was being caused by tweaking the HS-4's a bit leaner to
beat the fuel prices.  Backed off a couple of flats.  No help.  Finally, I
remembered Lawrie's admonition that 90% of SU problems are spelled L-U-C-A-S.
And, he recently suggested timing to a lister with a similar problem. Checked
the timing -- sonuvagun.  It needed a tweak of about 10 degrees in the advance
direction.  That did it.  Needle's back in the middle of the range.  As they
say, YMMV, but it worked for me. Thanks  Lawrie.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/