Broken crank update

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken crank update
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:41:31 -0700
Well I finally got a replacement crank,  bearings, etc. (thanks Barney
and George!). I spent this weekend putting it back together and I'm
finally back on the road again. I took a little break-in ride to
Calistoga and hopefully will get the rest of the break-in done this
week. I still need to put on the hood (bonnet for the English among us)
and some other minor stuff. It REALLY feels good to be using the car
again. It's running well, feels stronger and smoother than it did
before. Oil pressure is 75-80 lbs. The engine went back in quite a bit
easier than I anticipated. Took about 5-10 minutes of jigging it around
with the chain hoist and johnson bar before it slid right in. I had my
doubts about being able to do it alone and was glad to not have to call
for help. So anyway, I now have a broken crank sittin in my
garage...anyone need a two part boat anchor?

Ron
58 MGA