Broken bolt removed!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken bolt removed!
From: Chris Rose <chris_rose@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:22:48 +0100
Hi all

Many thanks to everyone who suggested ways for removing the broken bolt from
my MGB. I tried the whacking it with a hammer (which was fun) lubricating with
WD40, drilling the top of the bolt and insterting an easy out, then heating
the whole lot with a blow torch!

End result. Bolt was removed at the very first attempt with absolutely no
force needed!

I found that my replacement bolt was too short and so had a bit of a rush to
the shops Sunday to try and find a replacement, without any luck. As a last
thought, I drove past a Kwik Fit and stopped and asked in there......and was
given, for free, TWO replacement bolts, one of which fitted perfectly and so
the car is now back running again!!! :)

Unfortunately, due to recent building work, about a ton of rubble prevented me
being able to get the car out of my mates garage for a drive, but I am back
for a wedding in a couple of weeks and if the weather is good I'll be taking
the B.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice, very much appreciated, and all very
good advice too :)

regards

Chris

1963 MGB Roadster, now working again!