Parts wanted Mgb pistons

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts wanted Mgb pistons
From: gblair@dli.state.pa.us
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:35:34 -0400
Hi folks,  well I opened up the "replacement " engine I purshased,(another
story) and need pistons.    18V standard bore 1976 -80?? block  Would like
to see if anyone out there has a set of Flat tops  new with rings
preferrably,  layin' around they no longer need.  Might  consider late
model depressed center for a good price.    Or best place to purchase new??
Also are there any other mods needed to replace the late model depressed
center pistons with the flat top??  Any ideasabout why pistons get burnt,
especially around the edge/?   May swap other MGB parts or purchase.can
respond privately if desired
 glenn
77 MGB