Re: Full text of WhatCar? MG 25 46 75 Article

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Full text of WhatCar? MG 25 46 75 Article
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:41:24 -0700
Hmm, I see what you're getting at, Barney, but my thinking was that this
was more in line with the 70s practice of identical-but-for-the-badges
MG/Wolseley/etc saloons, than the time-honored tradition of using
humble-origin parts to create a unique, performance-oriented package.
After all, I'm sure Rover was going to introduce "performance" variants
on these models, anyway (standard procedure to renew interest in the
second or third year of a model), and the only difference is now they get
an MG badge and grill. Call me a cynic...

However, I am totally with you on the concept of a "bare-bones"
two-seater. I am particularly appalled at the idea of power windows in a
roadster (as in the Miata) -- I mean, what, am I supposed to be totally
helpless or something? Not to mention power tops, power seats, and other
price-inflating, weighty and unnecessary fripperies.

Max (shamelessly luxuriating with roll-up windows)

Barney Gaylord had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149