water pump/pulley dimensions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: water pump/pulley dimensions
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:13:12 +0300
The water pump on my 18V engine had to go because it leaked. Not only
that but the pulley on it was somewhat "forward" with regards to the
other two engine pulleys (crankshaft and alternator). That was bad
because it risked cutting the drive belt.

So, which is the correct water pump and pulley combination for my
engine? It is an 18V engine that has a 7-blade plastic fan with an
"off-centre", that is the centre part where the fan bolts go through is
at the "back" of the fan. Do I need spacers for the fan bolts? Where?

Must the fan be as close to the radiator as possible? What an
interesting puzzle.

Regards,
Evangelos
73 B GT