MGA close ratio gearbox bits needed

To: mgatwincam@egroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA close ratio gearbox bits needed
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:03:27 -0600
'Needed' may be too strong a word, but I could use a CR laygear and an
input shaft/gear.

The laygear should be stamped 1H3298 (for MGA; & '62-'66 MGB too?; but
'67 MGB is OK too!!) with 25 teeth on the input gear (standard ratio
part has 30 teeth and is stamped MOWOG30 (for MGA)).

I don't know if the input gear has any stamped numbers. Anyway, either
coarse or fine splines are OK (MGA or MGB), as long as the gear has 26
teeth (standard ratio gear has 21 teeth).

Thanks.

Dave Q.