RE: Unsolicited hate mail...

To: "MG list (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Unsolicited hate mail...
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:41:01 -0700
Thanks Enrique,

I really appreciate the support. Like i said i don't know who the person is,
but the message seems to have come via the list.

> Write back to the fellow and tell him
> to go fuck
> himself. We will all back you up.

Well, in my own way, that's exactly what I did. I guess one of my pieces of
"liberal shit" is that I believe in meeting violence/abuse with dignity
rather than escalation wherever possible. In this case i feel it makes a far
stronger message to allow the community to voice their opinion on such
abusive behaviour, rather than to descend into an anonymous e-mail slagging
match. I also feel it is more respectful to the spirit of this list not to
start some fringe flame-war.

Thank you for your mail, I at least will take it as one vote that I made a
good choice.

cheers

Joe
_________________