Re: Air Nibbler

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Re: Air Nibbler
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:47:18 -0400
Ken Waringa wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying an air nibbler to use on the restoration of my
> cars.  Any recommendations, comments, etc?  I figured this would be the
> perfect tool for cutting out those rusty floor pans, sills, etc.  Am I
> right?   Any advise would be appreciated.

  They are truly excellent. You have to replace the tips occasionally
and the dies VERY occasionally, so buy a few tips.

  About the only bad thing I have to say about them is that
when working they make huge piles of razor sharp cuttings that
my wife calls "moons" because they look like crescent moons.

  These things attach to your clothing and find their way into
every part of your house.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca