Re: Thermostat and Fans

To: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>,
Subject: Re: Thermostat and Fans
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:42:08 -0400
The Hayden aftermarket electric fan I put in the Midget has a relay in
the install kit. I figured it was a good idea to go with the setup in the
kit ;-)

Larry

At this exact moment in time 8/3/00 10:56,
GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com made the profound statement:

>When replacing the thermo-switch, consider using a relay to activate
>the fans. Those fans take a lot of current and the thermo-switch take
>a lot of abuse switching such a high current.
>
>I have had 2 thermo-switches (both new) fail in the past 18 months. The
>internal contact pit and burn too easily. I am installing a relay this week
>to overcome the problem.
>
>Same happened on my Scimitar, 2 switches in less than 5 years, installed
>a relay and 5 years later everything works
>
>gerry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager