Re: RE:Thanks, the Engine is Back In!

To: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: RE:Thanks, the Engine is Back In!
From: "Randy Trautman" <trautman@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:19:49 -0700
I did not use ramps, but I have heard they can help.  The engine was
stripped of all bolt-ons.  I had two friends, one an each side and one
on the crane.  The car was covered with lots of old blankets.  The
engine mounts were on the engine and the transmission cross member
built up with the mounts and off to one side.  The trick is to get the
angle of the engine just right.  It will look very steep.  Don't try
to force it.  If it won't fit, readjust.  Once the engine is in it
will be a bit of a trick to clear the cross member with the
transmission.  I used a floor jack to lift the transmission over it.
Once in place bolt up the trans mount and the engine mounts.  The
header is nasty to bolt to the pipes and requires a lot of four letter
words.

Good luck!